Valentines Day

0

Posted by Alissa | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on February 17, 2017

I often feel so lucky to be a first grade teacher.  One of those times is always on Valentines Day.  I wish you could feel the excitement in the room as the children make Valentines for family members, give Valentine cards to their friends and then sit down and read the ones they received.  So many hugs and children running around to say thank you to a friend for a special card.  I hope the pictures can capture the fun of the day.  AND…this year it was also the 100th Day of School on the same day, so we had several activities celebrating 100 and all the ways we can make 100.

Our bear research is also underway.  This week the kids started writing chapters for their book on bears.  We used notes from our research.  “Keep the treasure and throw out the trash” is a phrase we’ve been using to help kids understand how to find and remember the most important parts when reading a non-fiction text.  This week in computer lab, kids used Kid Pix to draw a picture of the bear they are studying.  This project is  part of our Life Science goal of studying animals and how they survive in their habitat.

Hope you have a wonderful winter break from school.

print

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar