First Grade News

2

Posted by Alissa | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on September 22, 2017

Thank you to all families who have sent coins in for our Hurricane Relief jar. The 6th Grade is organizing this school fundraiser to send cash donations to hurricane affected areas.  The first graders have been very generous and proud as they put coins in the jar from home.  A great way to teach them how important it is to help others in need.

In preparation for our Peace Assembly on Monday, the kids and I created a poster about how we can be peacemakers in our classroom and in our families.  John Porcino, local storyteller and all around rock star to the kids, came into our classroom today to sing songs and lead us through some activities related to being a peacemaker.  He’ll also be at our assembly on Monday at 9:00.  Join us if you can.

Our first butterfly emerged today!  We’ve been studying the life cycle and the metamorphosis these insects go through.  This week we went outside on a bug scavenger hunt and made stick puppets to help us understand this big, fancy science word:  metamorphosis.

As always, here are pictures of our proud builders and creators.  This week we had more fidget spinners and even some pontoon boats and an elevator.  I can’t wait to see what they come up with next!

Have a great weekend.

print

Comments (2)

Such great photos! It’s so fun to see in pictures what my kiddo comes home telling me – he’s so excited about what you’re learning and doing.

I am so happy to hear that! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar