About

What did you do in school today?

If your child is anything like mine, you may not always get the answer to this question that you’re always so curious about.  The intention of this blog is to have a place to record and celebrate all the amazing work our first graders do every day….but may not remember to come home and tell you about.  I’ll try my best to update it weekly with news, reminders, pictures, and stories from our classroom.  It’s really wonderful being able to spend the day with your first graders!  I hope you enjoy reading about it.  You can sign up for notifications when a new post comes out and share the page with family members who also may want to learn about the school life of your first grader.

My name is Alissa Alteri Shea and I am the Classroom Teacher My teaching career began in New York City where I taught Kindergarten and 1st Grade while getting my Master’s Degree from Bank Street College in Early Childhood and Elementary Education.  Since then, I’ve taught 1st and 2nd grade at a public Montessori school in Albany, New York, and I’ve also been a Reading Teacher at Oak Grove School in Brattleboro, Vermont.  I am so happy to have been teaching First Grade at Leverett School since 2012.  I’ve loved all my jobs and teaching young children is one of my favorite things to do.  I live in Gill, MA with my husband, Jim, and our two sons.  We love to travel, read lots of books and spend as much time as possible outdoors! I am currently taking classes at Antioch New England, trying to learn how to build more outdoor education into our First Grade curriculum. You can also find me as an education writer for Edutopia.

print
Skip to toolbar