Week of June 8th

0

Posted by Alissa | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on June 8, 2020

Good Morning, First Grade!

Today is Monday.  It was so great to hear all your poems and stories at our Google Meet on Friday.  You were so brave to read them to the whole group.  If you would like me to post your work here on the blog, so everyone can see and celebrate your writing, please send a copy to me!  Listed below are several important assignments for you to work on this week.  Read through the list and think about which one you would like to do today.  I definitely hope you will fill out the Padlet so we can send happy messages to our class.

Love,

Alissa

What are the First Graders working on?  

We are writing poems to help us say goodbye to First Grade.

We are doing beautiful artwork.

DANCE PARTY:

Plans for Week of June 8 and into the summer…

It is our last week of school!  You did it First Grade!   You are almost a First Grade graduate.  

Below is a list of activities you can work on this week and into the summer if you wish.  The intention of this work is to help you remember the important parts of your First Grade year, and to set you up with some things to do over the summer to help you prepare for Second Grade.  

MEMORIES:  

• Here is an online Memory Book using Google Slides that you can complete with help from someone at home. Just make a copy of the one I sent you and start filling in your favorite parts of the school year.   You can even insert photographs into it!  I would suggest that you go through our classroom blog and find photos of activities we did earlier in the year.  It will help you remember all we learned this year.  You can take photos from the blog to insert them into your own Memory Book.  If you prefer a paper copy, you can find one here.  Print out the pages that look fun to you.  

• Here is a link to a PADLET I created for the class to use as a way to say goodbye to each other for the summer.  Please click on the above link and then click on the pink + sign in the lower right corner.  Then you will be able to add a comment for everyone to see.  What would you like to post on our “classroom wall” for all your classmates to read?  Here are some ideas:
    • The best part of First Grade was…..
    • Thank you for….
    • I hope …….
    • I wish……..
    • I remember……..
    • You can, of course, come up with your own ideas!  Just keep it friendly and positive.  This is a place to wish your classmates well and celebrate all the learning you did together this year.  
print

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar